This award is open to organisations wishing to enter an individual leader (or themselves) who has shown outstanding leadership in promoting responsible and ethical practices within their chosen field. This can include individuals from Head of Department roles up to CEO level or those leading a programme within the organisation such as a charity partnership or employee engagement scheme.
Key achievements will include one or more major initiatives in purpose driven sustainability or social impact in which the individual leader has played a significant leadership or mentoring role. The judges will assess the extent and range of achievements; the degree of creativity and innovation that has been shown in taking forward the initiatives; the extent to which the entrant has shown leadership within their sector and has influenced colleagues and third parties and the personal commitment demonstrated by the entrant to be a voice for positive and sustainable business practices.
The judges will specifically be looking for individual leadership across any sustainability and/or social impact disciplines. Judges’ consideration will be given to champions of employee well-being, environmentalists, charity activists, diversity & inclusion, savvy business leaders, technological masterminds and all-rounders.
There is no specific time scale for this award, however, the individual must still be in the existing role they are being nominated for and must not have won this award before.
Judges will be looking for evidence of the following points within the supplied application form (weighting percentages in brackets):
- The individual leader’s innovation and creativity in their approach to purpose driven leadership; (20%)
- A demonstration of an ongoing commitment to work across disciplines, at all business levels bringing colleagues along on the sustainability / social impact journey; ensuring projects and initiatives are collaborative long-term efforts; (25%)
- Evidence of success of the initiatives developed by the individual with verifiable data to support the reach and impact with staff, in communities, for sustainability, the environment and with partnerships; (25%)
- The individual’s championed efforts to ensure core business functions are at the heart of the organisation’s sustainability strategy; (20%)
- The individual’s long-term passion for sustainability, ethical behaviours and community engagement and whether they dedicate personal time and resources in support of social responsibility. (10%)
Are we eligible to enter?
Our awards programme is open to all organisations of any kind… companies large and small, charities, not-for-profits, social enterprises, NGOs, membership and accreditation organisations and government departments including local and county councils. We are all about rewarding sustainability practice – in all its forms. So if your organisation is making a difference, directly or indirectly to people and planet, you’re eligible.
We don’t just recognise businesses that are operating responsibly, or supporting / partnering with worthwhile causes. We also actively encourage entries from organisations that have been specifically set up or adapted to offer a product or service that tackles a social or environmental problem.
Our category descriptions and criteria have been written to guide entrants on what content should be detailed in their entries. However, we do not expect square pegs to fit in round holes… Some of your business activities or dedicated programmes might not fit entirely with any one specific category. In these cases, the descriptions and criteria are open to an element of interpretation and rest assured that our judges will still take into account entries that are strongly aligned with the overall context of the category.
If you have any concerns about the suitability of your entry, or would like to discuss your activities in more detail, we are here to help. Give Karen a call on 07813 718541 or email us.