This award is open to organisations wishing to enter an individual leader (or themselves) who has shown outstanding leadership in promoting responsible and ethical practices within their chosen field. This can include individuals from Head of Department roles up to CEO level or those leading a programme within the organisation such as a charity partnership or employee engagement scheme.
Key achievements will include one or more major initiatives in purpose driven sustainability or social impact in which the individual leader has played a significant leadership or mentoring role. The judges will assess the extent and range of achievements; the degree of creativity and innovation that has been shown in taking forward the initiatives; the extent to which the entrant has shown leadership within their sector and has influenced colleagues and third parties and the personal commitment demonstrated by the entrant to be a voice for positive and sustainable business practices.
The judges will specifically be looking for individual leadership across any sustainability and/or social impact disciplines. Judges’ consideration will be given to champions of employee well-being, environmentalists, charity activists, diversity & inclusion, savvy business leaders, technological masterminds and all-rounders.
There is no specific time scale for this award, however, the individual must still be in the existing role they are being nominated for and must not have won this award before.
Judges will be looking for evidence of the following points within the supplied application form (weighting percentages in brackets):
- The individual leader’s innovation and creativity in their approach to purpose driven leadership; (20%)
- A demonstration of an ongoing commitment to work across disciplines, at all business levels bringing colleagues along on the sustainability / social impact journey; ensuring projects and initiatives are collaborative long-term efforts; (25%)
- Evidence of success of the initiatives developed by the individual with verifiable data to support the reach and impact with staff, in communities, for sustainability, the environment and with partnerships; (25%)
- The individual’s championed efforts to ensure core business functions are at the heart of the organisation’s sustainability strategy; (20%)
- The individual’s long-term passion for sustainability, ethical behaviours and community engagement and whether they dedicate personal time and resources in support of social responsibility. (10%)