Levin Sources is a B Corporation certified, majority women-led, social venture advisory firm.
- Our Vision is to be the go-to consultancy driving the transition to just and sustainable minerals value chains.
- We have been working since 2010 to realise our Mission to enable governments, companies, investors and civil society to build sustainable, valuable and equitable minerals value chains.
- Our commitments to environmental sustainability and gender equality are core to our projects and the way we run Levin Sources.
We started our journey as researchers and advisers for greater sustainability and justice in artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM), but our work now extends along the full length of minerals value chains.
Our core team of 20 experienced professionals and our extensive network of partners and associates, especially in Africa, are recognised global experts for a range of minerals, including
- minerals that are essential for the digital and green energy transitions,
- ‘conflict minerals’: tin, tungsten, tantalum and gold (3TG); and
- minerals for local economic development (e.g. in the construction sector).
We are experts in key approaches to advance just and sustainable minerals value chains, such as
- human rights and environmental due diligence (HREDD);
- environmental, social and governance processes (ESG); and
- working with multi-stakeholder initiatives and standard-setting bodies to develop and implement best practices for sustainability in global minerals value chains.
As the accelerating transition to green growth and energy drives up global demand and competition for an increasing range of minerals, we are applying our expertise to an expanding set of challenges faced by our clients and partners. They all realise that minerals and metals are essential ingredients in combating climate change and digitising our world for the benefit of all. However, for the green and digital transitions to be truly just, stakeholders along the value chain must focus on achieving lasting benefits for people and communities around the world, in particular in producer countries.
We work with a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors who value our 360° perspective on the full minerals value chain.
To find out more about our responsible sourcing and responsible investment services, visit levinsources.com or email us.
Should tracking products and the traceability of information in the minerals value chain be a common good? Drawing on our years of experience working on responsible trade in the minerals sector, and an increasing number of conversations we’ve been having with businesses, governments and civil society, here we explain why it’s time for a traceability pivot.
In over a decade of working with clients in the mineral sector, here at Levin Sources, we’ve seen businesses take different approaches when seeking to understand human rights-related risks. Discover our approach to the maturity curve on risk assessment.
Thinking of becoming B Corp certified? Our CEO and Founder Estelle Levin-Nally explains what the process was like for an SME consultancy like ours.
How can you integrate LGBTQIA+ rights in your responsible mineral sourcing practices? Levin Sources spoke to queer entrepreneurs and activists to better understand their challenges in supporting the rights of LGBTQIA+ people in the minerals sector, especially in artisanal and small-scale mining.