This award is aimed at any businesses start-up (with a trading start date no earlier than January 2015) with a purpose driven product or service and a holistic approach to innovative and leadership within their sector.
The product or service can be anything that demonstrates positive social or environmental impact across any industry sector.
The judging panel will be looking for details on how and why the business was created, its goals and ethos and how the need for the business or sustainable service was identified; with verifiable examples of the business ethos in practice. The business will also need to demonstrate what start-up challenges were overcome and how they were managed.
Judges will take into consideration:- evidence of environmentally-friendlier business practices including waste prevention, recycling, energy efficiency and water conservation; the enhancement of employee well-being within and out of the workplace; supply chain processes; social value and the use of technology (if relevant).
Judges will be looking for evidence of the following points within the supplied application form (weighting percentages in brackets):
- Details of the product or service innovation, why and how it was developed, its goals and ethos and how a need was identified for the product or service; (30%)
- Evidence and effectiveness of the product or service and the verifiable reductions to the environment, or the positive social impact to the community in which the product or service is delivered; (25%)
- Whether it is a unique / patented service or whether it encourages and leads the sharing of best practices; (15%)
- Awareness raising to promote and support the environmental and / or social benefits of the product or service incl. market reaction, industry awards won, press coverage gained; (20%)
- Details of how the business has been built since its inception, including any investment the service attracted and whether the service has led to financial success and further services; (10%)