Applications will be open from 3rd – 13th November for an upcoming funding opportunity which UnLtd is delivering in partnership with Comic Relief.
The Inclusive Recovery Fund from UnLtd is a £4.75 million fund to help social entrepreneurs in England deliver their important services while adapting to challenges presented by the coronavirus crisis. At this pivotal moment, social entrepreneurs have a critical role to play in the UK’s economic and social recovery, and this fund aims to unleash their potential.
The fund will offer grants between £10,000 and £500,000 to asset or mission-locked ventures across England. We’re looking for ventures with ideas to accelerate their growth, build resilience and create a deep and lasting impact. The funding will need to be spent by March 31st, 2021.
In recognition of the pandemic’s disproportionate impact on these communities, we particularly welcome applications from social entrepreneurs who identify as Black, Asian or from a minority ethnic background, and disabled people. We are aiming for 50% of the funding to reach these typically underrepresented groups. We also encourage leaders to apply who are using their lived experience to create social change to benefit others who share those experiences.
We are looking to fund:
- New emerging opportunities to grow your impact (for example, spin-off services or income streams that have emerged during the pandemic)
- Projects or infrastructure that will benefit your future resilience, recovery and growth, as you adapt to a new normal presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Existing services, projects or models that are performing well, with the potential to accelerate your growth and impact.
Individuals can apply even if they have previously received a grant from the Social Enterprise Support Fund, but priority will be given to those that haven’t been funded in the past six months.
Individuals must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your venture’s annual income is between £20,000 and £2.5 million (based on last 12 months, or projected income if you’ve been operating for less than a year)
- You are substantially reliant on trading income (e.g. sales and delivery of contracts) to deliver social impact
- You are an incorporated social purpose organisation, with an asset lock or mission lock
- You incorporated at least 6 months ago (i.e. registered with Companies House, the FCA or the Charity Commission) or 12 months ago if looking for a grant over £50,000
- You are based in England and your beneficiaries are mostly in England
- You will be able to spend the grant in full before 31stMarch 2021
You can find full information and guidance on the UnLtd website