Entries to the 2019 Global Good Awards, sponsored by Revive, open on 2nd January! Before we know it, the ceremony will be upon us and it could be you on the stage receiving a prize for the ‘global good’ work that your organisation is doing.
To be in with a chance of receiving recognition for this work you need to submit an application. So, here, in a nutshell is all you need to know about entering and what you should be doing now in preparation!
Why should you enter OUR awards?
Quite simply, our mission is “We don’t just talk sustainability, we walk, wear and eat it too!” We can’t, hand-on-heart, reward YOUR sustainability efforts if we’re not walking the talk right alongside you! If you want to know more about our ethos and how we’re leading on sustainable awards, have a read of our responsibilities.
You don’t need to just take our word for it either, have a look at the testimonials we’ve received from previous winners and sponsors too.
What are the categories?
We have a total of 13 award categories and you can enter as many as you like. In addition to this, you can optionally enter the Special Judges Award for SDGs, and you’ll be automatically entered into the Special Judges Award for Innovation. Both of these are free of charge. The shortlist will be released at the same time as all other categories on 25th April.
Below is a full list of the 2019 categories and each will give you the full description and criteria to work to:
- Global Good Company of the Year
- Global Good SME of the Year
- Individual Leader of the Year
- Community Partnership Awards (up to 5 Gold prizes up for grabs!)
- Best Education Project
- Good Employer of the Year
- Best Environmental Behaviour Change
- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Circular Economy
- Best Product Award (NEW)
- Best Campaign of the Year
- Best Start-up Enterprise of the Year (NEW)
- Technology for Good (NEW)
- Special Judges Award for Innovation (NEW)
- Special Judges Award for SDG (NEW)
Who decides on the winners?
We are privileged to have many long-standing judges on our panel. Some that have been with us since our inaugural year in 2015 with representation from large organisations, NGOs, charities and entrepreneurs who have scaled up smaller businesses and social enterprises.
Our 2019 Judges have a significant amount of experience in all areas of sustainable development and we match that experience to the best category, to ensure your entry gets the most thorough evaluation possible. They aren’t rushed either… they have 3 weeks in which to evaluate the entries and they already know the date they’ll receive them!
What else do you need to know?
We have a comprehensive section on our website that should answer all the questions you might have about eligibility, costs, dates, the entry process, the benefits of entering and more. It can all be found on this page: The Entry Process.
Do have a read of the terms and conditions too just to make sure you’re eligible.
When can you enter and how much is it?
- Entries will be opening on 2nd
- If you submit your application before 2nd February you’ll be eligible for a 20% discount.
- The main entry deadline is 1st March 2019.
- There is a one-week extension past the official deadline of 8th However, applications submitted after this date will incur a £50 late fee.
- Fees, inclusions and discounts are all outlined here.
What should you be doing now in preparation?
We all know how quickly time flies… especially when ‘Christmas’ is coming! So, if you’ve decided that you’re going to submit an application(s), then these are the things you should be considering.
- Consider attending our Award Entry Workshop… Getting into the finals of awards, and hopefully winning them, is not about what you believe you have done well, but the impact your story has on the judges. These can be two very different things! At this workshop you’ll learn, write, be judged and be a judge – all in one session! (You’ll also receive a 10% discount off an entry by attending)
- Register your intention to enter or ask for us to keep you updated on entry information. Just drop an email to karen@GlobalGoodAwards.co.uk
- Start thinking about what project / activity you’re going to enter and what category would be best suited. Check the criteria and start data-gathering… it ALWAYS takes longer than you think!
If we haven’t quite covered everything then please do get in touch by emailing karen@GlobalGoodAwards.co.uk or calling 01932 355900.
Interesting in entering the Global Good Awards in 2019?
It’s not too early to register your interest in entering for 2019. Entries open on 2nd January.
Anyone wishing to be part of the Global Good revolution and this unique awards programme can contact Founder, Karen Sutton: karen@GlobalGoodAwards.co.uk